Hi, I’m Fabien, sort of a computer nerd who lives in Reunion Island (Indian Ocean, France territory).
I have about 7+ years of experience in developing web applications in PHP, including the maintenance of legacy codes, and porting stuff to Symfony 2.
I’m okay when it comes down to Linux: like writing shell scripts, administering hosts, and all the rest of it.
I also like coding in C/C++, and specifically “systems programming”.
2016-09: I’m leaving Cines :-| had a very good time there – good luck and godspeed, I’ll miss you guys…
Some irrelevant details of a geeky nature…
- is 36 years old;
- French, indeed;
- may speak English, though preferably with computers or androids;
- might (and would like to) speak some long-forgotten Spanish;
- lived for 8 years in Montpellier, south of France;
- now lives in Reunion Island, Indian ocean, near Mauritius.
- Types on a TypeMatrix keyboard.
- Uses a QWERTY layout, and also Colemak (much less these days).
- Writes shell scripts, e.g. my ~/bin/ dir.
- and writes/collects shell gems bash-it/custom/
- My current ~/.bash.rc
- My Bash aliases around Git.
- Used to code under Vim only, for like 5 years or so – used spf13-vim conf. for a some time, and ended up dropping it in favor of a personal one: github.com/fabic/dude.vim
- Then reverted to just using the IDE that worked best for the job.
- Uses Sublime Text, and Atom.
- Fan of JetBrains’ tool suite, used PhpStorm extensively, and also Intellij’ IDEA for some Java; tried CLion for C++ (but it consumed too much RAM and CPU resources).
- Uses Visual Paradigm when it comes down to modeling stuff; also did some fancy BPM modeling when it was a fresh new thing, like, a decade ago.
- Once came up with a personal hand-crafted Bash shell configuration.
^ and dropped it in favor of Bash-it
- Has a personalized TMUX conf.: ~/.tmux.conf
- and an old Screen conf.: ~/.screenrc of an unknown origin.
- Has spent whole week-ends building Linux “from scratch”, like, possibly a dozen of it (he was young).
- Was a big fan of Debian, then used Gentoo for a few years, and Sabayon;
- Now uses ArchLinux & Kali – and RedHat/CentOS on production systems.
- Did some amateur OpenGL coding a long time ago.
- Has had a John’s cellphone